Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Psalm 13

Have you ever just had a day where it's a mix of good and bad, but the bad is more magnified than the good at times. Today was kind of one of those days for me. I've been having this struggle (nothing bad, just alittle tight financially at times, especially right now) lately and I can't seem to get ahead. There is set back after set back. I know greater things are supose to be, but they aren't here. I'm believing in God's promises and holding on so tightly to the hope that things will be fulfilled. I'm just getting tired of the same old stuff. I have these huge dreams that I can't get to until I get out of this. I am, however, so thankful for what I do have. I have a home, food, everything that I need, i'm debt free (!!!) and I am too blessed to be stressed about this. but I am... I'm not trying to complain or anything, i'm just sharing alittle glimpse of my day(s). So I had a totally break down today before work. During work was ok, actually pretty good. I got over what I tend to magnify. Then after work, back to this. Nothing is helping.. turned on some music, RED (very good band, and kind fit the mood), and started to look up something in the Bible to find a verse that would help.

I found Psalm 13. King David is one of my favorite writers, he openly expressed what he was feeling, but the fact of God's unfailing love strengthened him.

Psalm 13
For the director of music. A psalm of David.

1 How long, LORD? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

3 Look on me and answer, LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,
4 and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,”
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
6 I will sing the LORD’s praise,
for he has been good to me.

I totally feel this verse. I ask these questions, why am I still waiting? How long before my breakthrough? When will I not down? When will I get ahead? etc.
But the best part is the end: But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the LORD's praise, for he has been good to me! Truth wins! Facts over feelings always. The fact is no matter how I feel, no matter the situation God is here, God is good, His love endures forever! He will never leave you nor forsake you, He has amazing good things planned for you. So instead of dwelling on the problem, start praising the Solution: God.
I think I need to do this now..

Thanks for listening,
-Jen

p.s. If you're going through a struggle and want prayer or anything, feel free to email me or comment. I'll be happy to pray for you. Some times when you're struggling it helps to know others are going through something similar. The Bible says in Ecclesiates 4:12- Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. Together we can beat this, with people praying together solutions will come!


No comments:

Post a Comment